For our final term we are going to look at and listen to webcasts.
The objective is to help you find webcasts on your field, so you can get free self trainning opportunitie to keep up you updated on what's happening in your field.
We are going to use webcasts to help you located uptodated information on your field. These webcasts offer you the chance to self train. Also, you'll improve your listening and reading, vocabulary and oral presentation skills. The tasks assigned for this term are:
- Locate a webcast. To do so, just google it. You can write: webcasts for engineers, or webcasts graphic design, or webcast marketing, or webcast networks...
- Try to select a webcast that offers you video, audio, power point slides and transcripts.
Once you have selected your webcast. Listen to it and write some notes.
- Prepare a short powerpoint presentaion about the webcast:
what's the name of your webcast?
where is it?,
what's it about?,
why did you select it?,
tell about it in a few slides,
- Be prepared to present it to your class. For tips on how to give a short speech go to A Public Speaking Survival Guide
- Add a fun task to check if your audience understood what your presentation was about,
- Upload your presentation to your blog. To do this go to Slide Share
Remember this will be 40% of your evaluation.
Where can I find webcast related to Graphic designing? Dynamic Graphics' NEW 2007 Webcasts
Marketing related webcasts
ON24 Home > Webcast Library
Try this Bill Gates's speech. Microsoft Strategic Account Summit – Seattle, Washington May 8, 2007 In a keynote to more than 1,000 advertising, publishing, media and technology leaders from 27 countries, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates explores the impact of technology on the evolution of online advertising and how it will transform the way advertisers reach and engage more directly with their core audience.
TecwiseTV, there you'll find TV shows with some resources to understand some of the topicss... Just register to the site and select a show you like.